Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter people! For the first time, I attended Church on a Good Friday.

Loads of goodies and Chocolate eggs to be shared around; also a week's break to ease the workload from eventual overflowing. Okay I'm not here to blog about work but yeah primarily, I've got two assignments due this Friday, a day's long Field Trip for the weekends then two tests ON THE SAME day the following week. God Help Me! I can't take this break for granted. Seriously, no no no.....

So its Easter. Everybody benefits from the break. I went down to Queens (The Main Street) to get lunch only to find out that all the shops were closed. Seem to be the busiest street any other days, today the street was totally empty, nothing!, not a single soul within say 10 meters of radius from me. Ha! They could afford to close the road lanes for re-tarring. It would be chaos to do this on normal working days. Okay so the FastFood outlets were open, the usual exploiting employees thingy tempting them with Double Pay. Mann.. I'd rather be home. Should I be thankful for this or am I one of them to be blamed because that's where I got lunch from. I left for Uni's student commons wanting to do some readings but it was closed. There goes my spirit for the day. I am really not used to studying at home. Too much distraction.

Did you know I had to pay for Internet usage in Uni last year? Costs like 7 cents per MB during peak hours. That's really a rip-off. Here's the good news. It's FREE now thanks to some complications done by the AUSA first Asian president. Woohoo~ Great job there. See what Asians can do in a foreign land.

That evening, I attended Jars of Clay concert at the Aotea Center. It costs like 45 bucks and I got it for a discounted price of 15 NzD. What an Easter Bargain! Went with a few Malaysian friends. This Rock group, I've heard of them and only knew ONE song which was "Flood". So I guess you see my point? I rocked comfortably singing along when they played "Flood", and rocked, as well, uncomfortably and pretended to sing (Well, lip-singing) throughout. Ha hA! Their songs are arguably Good because I actually liked it even though that's the first time I heard it. Live! Is it like a trend or something.. It seems every concert, so far for the ones I've attended, the rock groups would "pretend" that they have come to an end and leave the stage. The fans the crowd would then get all hyped up and start chanting "Encore Encore Encore..." and what's next? They're back on stage playing their final one two songs. It happened here and we went like, Ole.. Ole ole ole.. Ole.. Ole. Ole.. Ole ole ole.. Ole.. Ole. Hallelujah or something.. and Poof* They're back rocking! If I was them, I would have let them carry on with their chanting and Laugh Hahaha! Out Loud!

Here's a picture of the ticket, 15NzD only! Rm45.. come on, that's a sweet deal.

At the entrance, the one in charge of clipping the tickets actually collected the whole thing instead of just tearing it. OMG! I couldn't bare witness losing my copy. :S Well upon exiting, I manage to get back a copy from the guards (after some begging) but it wasn't the exact one. Sigh.

The stage was set. The lightings were awesome.

That's Dan Haseltine the vocalists.

Photography was NOT allowed. If caught, you'd be thrown out. I was lucky enough to snap a couple before the warning smacked me. The night was just great. It started at 7pm and ended around 10pm. Left in a hurry to FoodTown to do my grocery shopping right after. I had to. I was in desperate need of food and FoodTown (normally 24/7) will be taking a long break for Easter. Yep. It closed at 11 that night. Had to rush so there weren't anytime to snap post-concert pictures. I had an opportunity to snap a picture of the moon though, on the way there.

The moon.

* * *

After some readings today, I decided to do some workout or any activities I could possibly find other than walking. Was suppose to play VolleyBall with friends, ended up playing WaterPolo with the Volle~y ball. Bad mistake! The pool was chlorinated excessively. You could smell it; you could feel them burn your eyes without a pair of goggles. My eyes were red. I enjoyed at the very least. Never expected to ever swim in Auckland. Now, my whole room smells like chorine. Engulfed in Chlorine. Yeah.. my wet pants. I have no place to dry it. That's the source.

Freakin' stinks.

As for now ..

Zzzzz...

Good night. Have a lovely Easter break.

Here's Flood by Jars of Clay.





There's another better version of it (mix).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home