Sunday, January 20, 2008

Age is just a number. To hit 20 seems like the start of a brand new life. The start of the ageing process? :O LOL! Now now, age wouldn't rip your youthful looks apart. Most people claim that this would be the stepping stone to adulthood already. It signals the end of teenage years and therefore the start of being ..old?

*Snorts*

Now that I'm 20, I feel fine. I would "not" mention the constant backache part. I think its due to my computer chair. Time to change! :D Come on people! Its still possible to count your age with all that's attached to you (fingers and toes) and honestly, nothing has changed at all. So why worry? Other than losing those great times being a teen which would soon be replaced by the 20-30s gap, you don't lose anything else.

Here's how I spent my last day being a teenager. My friends and I had already planned on a "Food Marathon" weeks back and what better day to do this other than today (Friday) where everyone is free! The idea started when Jit told me about this "Foodbook" (on it, there are thousands of food recommendations and fancy places to dine in) weeks back. He said he's been drooling all over the book just by looking at fine pictures of food. I only got hold of this book on the day itself but failed to get a picture of it. I do however remember a thing or two about it not to worry. Behind it there's an MPH price tag with numbers RM15.90. :p

I was late. Got caught up in a jar of jam.

Take a look at the rear-view mirror. Stupid traffic lights.

Took me at least 30 minutes to get across the Bandar Utama Bridge.

First stop, Tony Roma's at Cineleisure, Damansara.

The people. From left: Shiau, Ian, Weng and Jit.

The food. Fried mushrooms.

There was a starter before the food came. Slices of French baguette with garlic paste. We ordered some pieces of Chicken too. Jit being stubborn took the bill of course.

Portion was big. Our stomachs were filling up too quickly. I'm no big eater just so you know...

Next stop, SakaeSushi. It drizzled as we walk there making the weather not so extreme. Cool day. Jit, Weng and Ian got to the place first as Shiau and I had some business to do. By saying business, I mean to wait for Soon Lee. It was his lunch break then. This guy was wearing a Polo with the word "BlueTooth Transmitter" imprinted. It was the big Sony BlueTooth day he told us. Oohh and female workers at Sony wear "BlueTooth Receiver". Dry humour I know. By the time we got back, food was served. On the table, there were two plates of soft shell crabs and some fried Salmon. I asked Jit why he ordered those. My primary intention was to ask why he ordered those dishes as I think they would be really expensive. He, on the other hand said "OMG! Sorry I forgot you don't take seafood". I don't actually but its "Food Marathon" anyways, we're supposed to try every dish that appears on the table. And so I did.

The "OMG" look.

Soft-shell crabs.

Salmon/rice and Tofu.

Green Tea.

Food so good Weng couldn't resist it all.

Jit jit.. He took the bill AGAIN! He wouldn't want to accept any of us paying for the bill. He's a great friend but this is way overboard. He can't go paying all by himself. Lucky for us we collected cash and slid the amount he paid into ...well somewhere... (in case he reads this) till now he still doesn't know about it.

That was, unfortunately, our last stop for the day. Being bloated, we couldn't take in anymore. So that ends the so-called "Food Marathon". We parted with genius Weng and Ian because they had some stuff to do and met up with Ying Choy at Blitzone. We 'gamed' till almost dinner time and left feeling dizzy. Home cook meal for dinner.

***

That night was like any other Friday nights. Ball gathering with the exception of a surprise early cake. Before that, there were two freak injuries. Irsyad and Andy both landed on some wrong footing and twisted their ankles. :O I know the pain.. Irsyad stood fine awhile later while its game over for the other guy as he had to limp out of the court. Poor guy. Heal fast! For Shiau, it was the launch of his Brand New remote control helicopter. It costs him a BOMB. It was a cool sight to see it hover but didn't last long due to power shortage. Superb really his chopper! The ball-ing atmosphere wasn't there anymore when they brought the cake out. I really wanted to play ball so badly (Only once a week nowadays) so the only thing I could do was to get it done Quickly. :D


The Chocolate-Banana cake.

The Gang. The chopper beside the cake.

Feeding frenzy.

No.15 Vince Carter enjoying himself.

The smudge. The cake? Down our bellies.

What a night?! We downed a cake and resumed the ball-game as fresh as we just started.

Now to me, those were really really REALLY Great moments. It would definitely go deep into my memory and remain intact for life. Trust me on this one. I thank you for the outstanding day and night and for that quality time we spent together, buds. The best thing that will happen to me, or to you, is to see your friends (Family too!) around you with genuine smiles on their faces. As long as I know they're happy, I would be too. What's more, to know that the bond between friendships is unbreakable. Great day guys, thanks for the whole bunch. :D


And now..


*Drum rolls*

Arsenal Away kit.

And I have GOT it!

Yes yes yes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home