Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Let me introduce you to my crib in Auckland :p ..where I stay, it's called the Railway Campus. Its suppose to be a really old building (may be haunted) but never seen any. Good thing. When I first arrived and checked in, I remembered the Receptionist telling me to "not be afraid" to complain if ever I come across any "supernatural activities". I was like, "..was this a joke?" That kept my hairs standing. They restored and modified the interior to accomodate students of course though some remained the old traditional way, particularly the lift. I find it eerie. Hated the room they provided me with .. well partly because I felt lonely (This was on the very first night). I was telling myself .. "Man .. is this the place I'm going to spend another three years in?" I couldn't believe the fact that I was here all alone in a foreign country, so far away from Family, so far away from Friends. I was sad. No connection yet that time. I couldn't do a damn thing. It was winter then.. the night was cold. I didn't know how the heater works. I felt lonely. The only soul I know was miles away.. Eventually i dozed off with only a jacket on.

The Railway Campus, turns out to be a blessing in disguise! This .. is, would be, the best place I've ever stayed in New Zealand so far. I applied for another campus but got transfered here cause the other was full. Thank goodness. This place is the "CORE" of everything. From FoodTown (FooD!) to Warehouse (huge DIY stall), McDs to a nice evening stroll around the garden just outside. Everything you need is just a couple of "yards" (judgement) away. The Vector Arena where concerts are held there WEEKLY is located right by it. And believe me, every single week, there'll be at least a top celebrity/rock group whatever performing there.. (ie: Linkin Park, Silverchair, Pink..) I've never attended any unfortunately. Entrance fee costs a BOMB!

The many things in Railway..

(Giant Chess Set)

(Inflatable fun - special event)

(BBQ - every now and then)

The Railway Campus beats all! Glad I have stayed there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home